Fremont Investment & Loan
Fremont Investment & Loan is a financial services company that depends on SmarteScript™ to ensure the integrity of the software applications used for secure customer transactions and for safeguarding personal information
Fremont Investment & Loan with over $10 billion in assets under management is a financial services company committed to providing superior financial products and services. The company is focused on originating and acquiring commercial and residential real estate loans that are primarily financed through deposit accounts insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation.
Fremont and its customers depend on the security and integrity of the software applications that process, manage and maintain highly sensitive information and monetary transactions. The volume and time-critical nature of these transactions requires that Fremont’s applications are thoroughly tested and maintained. Regulatory compliance was also becoming an integral piece of doing business in the financial services sector especially when dealing with the FDIC.
With billions of dollars at exposure, Fremont could not risk relying on traditional testing or manual methods of testing. Fremont set out to remove subjectivity and the error-prone tedious manual component from their test process.
Fremont’s criteria were to select a testing solution that could meet the project criteria.
- Develop a process that would document and manage test requests from development through QA and help meet regulatory compliance requirements critical to the financial services industry.
- A quality management approach that effectively combines methodology and technology. Incorporate the business process and flow of the applications into the testing environment.
- A desire to avoid the steep learning curve associated with previous systems. Enable the involvement of people outside of QA to take ownership in the test process.
- Shrink the time required for ongoing maintenance of their applications.
- Integrate into the existing test environment.
The Smarte Solution:
After months of evaluation and competitive comparison against an incumbent system and other vendors, Fremont determined that only SmarteSoft could deliver on all the requirements.
- SmarteScript provided a comprehensive quality assurance tool that easily fit Fremont’s constraints for an automated solution that incorporated the business process through Smarte Process Optimization™.
- Incorporate 508 and Sarbanes-Oxley regulatory compliance requirements into the testing process.
- The ease-of-use of the windows-native environment leveraged by the Grid-Visualization Engine™ reduced ramp-up time.
- The simplicity and power of the Knowledge- Driven Point & Learn™ feature learns and incorporates the flow of the application under test.
- The Decentralized Object Storage Model™ enabled a portable, scalable, and most importantly, a secure environment.
- Fremont was able to rapidly deploy business test scenarios that were used for functional and regression testing.
- The powerful and intuitive maintenance feature of the SmarteScript tool enabled the Fremont QA team to quickly adjust to ongoing changes from the development organization.
- The SmarteScribe™ feature within SmarteScript saved time by automatically generating natural language descriptions that serve as a basis for test documentation and meeting critical compliance criteria.
SmarteScript and SmarteX or use of SmarteScript and SmarteX is covered by U.S. Patent No. 7,917,895 B2